teeTypically, people who worn down the front teeth could be a multi-factorial cause, but mainly there are three reasons, the first one is attrition, which is basically the grinding of the upper and lower teeth against each other. The second reason is erosion which is the wearing away due to acid. This is acid is often stomach acid or acidic drinks and the last one is abrasion refers to wear that is caused by external forces. The most common are the type that is caused by hard brushing and the use of abrasive toothpaste.
Many patients, starts to worried about bruxism, due the front teeth start to wear and this gives many people a un attractive smile.
- But how I could fix my ground teeth.
There are almost always 3 steps to return you to normal.
- Getting the gums to go back to where they belong. This is done with either a minor surgery or with braces. Occasionally, if the gums are not too bad, everything can be done in just one step.
- The second step is to build back what was lost. This is done with all ceramic crowns or veneers. Here at STAR Dental we offer several types of treatment as:
- Dental crowns: The extreme forces of grinding and clenching teeth can lead to broken, chipped, or cracked teeth. But these solutions are not difficult to repair with porcelain or zirconia tooth crowns, which can be used to make teeth uniform and even. Dental crowns, in fact, are one of the most durable and long-lasting cosmetic dentistry solutions.
- Porcelain veneers: The go-to cosmetic dentistry solution for repairing teeth that have been worn down from tooth grinding, porcelain veneers recreate the natural look of teeth. Teeth that have been subject to grinding or clenching are usually similar in length and worn straight across. Porcelain veneers can correct these issues, making teeth the proper length, size, and color that will make your smile look amazing. Normally in our practice we use synthetic “porcelains” that can be used to fabricate veneers. And some of these materials are several times stronger (our two brand names are IPS e.max® and BruxZir®.)
- Cosmetic bonding: You don’t want teeth that have already been damaged to compromise the integrity of neighboring teeth. A simple dental tooth bonding repair will fix jagged or chipped teeth due to grinding so that your smile looks like new with the least amount of invasiveness possible.
- The final step is to protect your NEW smile. This could be done with a night guard.
Dr. Sevilla, the best prosthodontist in Costa Rica is very well trained in big dental rehabilitation, with large wears. We recommend you to call us to assist you if you are wearing down your teeth, and if you have lost some dental pieces we can rehabilitate either with some dental implant. Our toll free is 1-866-828-2871.